Saturday, 4 April 2015

which, considering the extent of the epilog

Again I could be misremembering, however it appeared to me there was a touch of snark in the middle of Josie and Alyssa I hadn't got in the past book and it shocked me a bit. Josie didn't go over to me as so judgemental in her own story.

Amy is 47 and Mickey is 48 and I adored this. Being *cough* around that age *cough* myself, I end up exceptionally satisfied that there are stories with heroes who are my vintage and who aren't depicted as old. (Since I'm not old hell.)  I don't think Soaring is out of reach for a more youthful than-mid-40s peruser either.

Boston Stone turns up again and plays the one note miscreant – he doesn't have much to do in the novel and he's luckily not in it much. Then again, I loved where the story ran with Rhiannon, Mickey's ex. Amy's ex, Conrad, is a complete dick however he's basically a decent father and I loved the way that got to be evident in the book. Not at all like Boston Stone, Conrad had some subtlety to him (chiefly toward the end of the story, it must be said).

books

I thought there were a couple of remaining details – which, considering the extent of the epilog (not a protestation) is astounding. I had several inquiries regarding Mickey's future profession and his firefighting part and what happened with those. This is gently spoilerish so I will put it under a tag

Spoiler: Show

Despite the fact that Mickey incidentally irritated me with his attacks into "my dick must be the greatest dick" acting, he additionally enchanted me with his dedication to his youngsters and to Amy and he earned numerous focuses from me for this: 

No comments:

Post a Comment